Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can anyone please help me with a home theater question?

I have a 32" LG HDTV and I want to buy some speakers to go with it. I know absolutely NOTHING about what I should buy. I just want movies and video games to sound awesome....I don't want to spend more than $500.00



I heard bose, sony, yamaha, jbl, and pioneer are good. But I don't know what I need. Thank you!



Can anyone please help me with a home theater question?ms stress



Bose is overpriced and the basic idea is flawed.



Take some movies with you and hear the speakers with your setup and if possible in your room. Spend some time with each one and then you'll yourself know which one gives the best results in your setup and then go for it.



Magzines and Reviews are a good place to short list the models but trust your ears more than these.



Can anyone please help me with a home theater question?home theater system opera theater



At that price range your best bet would probably be a Home Theater In A Box system. These are all-in-ones containing a receiver (some with built-in DVD players, some without), and your front, center, rear speakers and subwoofer. All the brands you listed are pretty good (although Bose %26amp; JBL are ridiculously expensive), but I also recommend Yamaha for some excellent sound at a reasonable price. At around $500 (depends on the retailer), their YHT-585BL all in one system sounds amazing and has a lot more A/V inputs for attaching other components than your typical HTIB system (no DVD player though). The Yamaha YHT-380 is also great and will only set you back about $350. The brand you choose all depends on personal preferences, but I would recommend looking at reviews on systems from different online retailers to find the right one for you. Since you want really great sound quality, I do recommend getting a system WITHOUT a built in DVD player, they tend to be more fully-featured and more dedicated to great sound than styling and bells %26amp; whistles. I highly recommend the Yamahas mentioned above (I have the 585, its incredible for the price range), but Pioneer also has some good cheaper systems.
Stay away from Bose, they are all marketing and over priced.



If you don't have a DVD player already, you will need to get one of those first. Home theater in a box really is your best bet to stay under the $500 mark.



I would go with one of these packages:



Denon DHT487DV http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDe...



Onkyo HT-SR800



http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDe...



Sony HT7100DH



http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDe...



Personally, I would get the Denon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel