Saturday, December 5, 2009

How do I get my MTX SW2 Home Theater subwoofer's bass lower???

I have it in the corner, but that brings out more over all bass, for instance if Im listening to a rap song that sometimes the bass gets low in a part of the song, I cant hear it, I have to get up on it in order to hear it. Are there any wire's?(im using speaker wire's not cables) I have the crossover on the lowest setting. What should I do???



How do I get my MTX SW2 Home Theater subwoofer's bass lower???classical music



The MTC SW2 only goes down to 35Hz. Any bass frequencies lower than this will become quieter, distorted or will simply not be reproduced with that sub. There are other, more costly subs that will go down to 25Hz or perhaps even lower.



How do I get my MTX SW2 Home Theater subwoofer's bass lower???ms stress opera theater



This subwoofer isn't capable of producing the kind of bass you want. You can help it a bit.



Point it into the corner.



Raise the crossover to 90 or 100KHz.



You might try an RCA cable instead of speaker wires as I suspect the speaker outputs on an MTX home theater amp aren't capable of signals much lower than 35 to 40 KHz.
I heard that sub a number of times and found that it doesn't do real deep bass very well. Quite frankly, I thought that it was very "BOOMY" and not that accurate. I don't think that cable swaps will make any difference either (but you can try it). It's probably time to audition other subwoofer brands and buy one that sounds better.
This is a DOWN-FIRING sub, so if you have carpeted floors you might try putting it on a board or something hard...Having it in a corner is good, but you might try moving it out away from the walls an inch at a time to see what kind of results you get...Also try some other corners in the room and even different spots along the wall.



If you're running this sub with a RECEIVER and SPEAKERS using a 5.1 set-up, you're able to change the bass management of your speakers...You obviously have your sub set to YES...You can also set your speakers to LARGE or SMALL...This doesn't refer to SIZE but where the BASS goes..."Small" means the sub woofer gets all the bass..."Large" means it gets DIVIDED between the speakers and the sub.



No matter how big your speakers are, if you're running with a powered sub, ALWAYS set your speakers to "small"...This will let your RECEIVER run at half the power as it doesn't have to produce bass notes...This also makes the MID-RANGE and the TREBLE sound better because the SPEAKERS don't have to produce bass notes either.



One last thing, you WON'T get as good a sound of your sub with SPEAKER WIRES run to it...The RCA cables are a MUCH better connection...If that's all you have, I would make sure the sub is in the FRONT of the room, the PHASE is set to "zero", and the CROSSOVER is NO higher than 100 MHz and no LESS than 80 MHz...Make sure the sub's INTERNAL CROSSOVER is "on"...This will keep your speakers from playing bass notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel