Saturday, December 5, 2009

How do you reduce clutter in your home theater system?

Here are my tips:



- Receiver on the bottom. Speaker wires can now flow out %26amp; away without creating a 'golden waterfall'.



- Box's that you dont touch above the receiver (Leave lots of room above the receiver for heat to vent)



- Top shelf of the rack for DVD %26amp; game system.



- Bolt a garage style power strip to the side of the rack where most of the box's have power cords.



- Label both ends of each power cord with a simple A, B, C label system and connect power. Use Velcro straps to neatly bundle things.



- Now you have the entire back side free for the interconnects. If you want, loosly bundle the interconnects with more Velcro straps.



How do you reduce clutter in your home theater system?symphony



You can purchase a wall mount for your tv and they also sell glass shelves that can hold all of your components such as, your reciever, DVD player, Cable box etc.



they are built to hold enough weight for these items. My wall mount will actually go vertical and horizontal for a view from all angles. I had to go with this one because of my seating arrangement. My surround sound system is much older, I purchased it years before my big screen tv because I wanted this specific JBL system. The speakers are only about 4 in. in height but I do have to run the wires around the room, I've ended up putting them under the carpet and rugs. I was given 2 stands for the speakers to go on the opposite side of the sofa across the room, which does take up some space but the sound effect is better. These speakers can also be hung on the wall but I did not want to go that route. I prefer the stands now better.



If you don't have the electrical outlet installed on the wall, this can be done to help hide the wires. Mine was installed right at the unit and thank goodnes my main circuit breaker ws right below it in the basement, costs was a little less to install because of the location. So now I don't need to run all the wires to an outlet 1 foot from the floor. Also, the corner unit shelves I purchased from Best Buy ( I hate that store, but they are the only ones that had what I needed) actually have a tube running down the middle to hide the wires.



You can also build your own shelves from Home Depot. Yes, just go into the store and have specific shelfing now for purposes such as this because Home Theater has become so popular.



Good luck, where there's a will, there's a way.. :) ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel