Saturday, December 5, 2009

What to say to someone in a movie theater who...?

...is sitting in front of you and is either:



1. Talking to the screen (i.e. "don't go in there" or "look behind the door"), or,



2. Talking through the whole movie (to a friend or on a cell), or,



3. Reciting every line word-for-word because they've already seen the movie.



My patience is growing thin. Bodily harm, though successfull, is not an option. What does it take to shut these people up?



What to say to someone in a movie theater who...?performing arts center



yell at them "shut the %26amp;#$@ up!!!" even though i make more noise then they are... its better in the long run.



What to say to someone in a movie theater who...?sunshine opera theater



Talk to the manager.
I would tell them ssshhhhhhhhhh and then tickle them hehe
Very silently lean forward, get your mouth near that person's ear and softly say, "please lower your voice" or "please be quiter." An alternative is to get out of your seat, go to the seat in FRONT of the talker, put your hands on the backrest (of that seat in front of hem/her) as you lean forward and speak firmly, "YOU'RE TALKING TOO LOUD!" Everybody will see and her this, maybe you'll get an applause.



Or go ask the management to fix it.



Or you can throw popcorn/candy every time they speak up.



Or you can answer their comment each time, "YEAH! DON'T GO IN THERE" "YEAH! LOOK BEHIND THE DOOR!"
I get up and move in front of them. pull out my cell phone and eat my popcorn very loudly



report them to the usher...................
Tell the ushers. That is their job.
either



cough really loudly



kick their seat



through popcorn at them, or wotever u hav



spit at them,



complain to the cinema and get a free ticket.
tell them to be quiet please if they dont tell them to shut the *ell up.
Why make it worse for everyone else? I would go up to the usher



and explain, If nothing has been done Id ask for the man in charge on wantting a refund explaining what happened, and how they lost you as a customer. It would be his duty to conffrount the usher
Usually, I opt for the "shhhhhhhhhh" whispered in the ear of the offender. It's not always successful, I admit. Usually, what it really takes is intervention by an employee of the movie theater. Or an angry mob.
Go complain to one of the ushers. It is their job to take care of this kind of thing.
Excuse me sir...Pee Wee (Paul Reubens) wants to know if the seat next to you is taken? He loves movie theaters too!
ooo I hate that so bad...Try asking nicely...If that fails complain, I suppose
Tell them to please keep it down, if that doesn't work tell them to shut the hell up.
I say 'SSSHHHHHHH" real loud.....works every time. You're not being mean or nasty but getting the point across.....
id yell at them and tell them to shut up
when i was in my late 20's my friend and i went to the movies and there were a gaggle of teenagers sitting in front of us. they talked for the first 15 minutes of the movie until i leaned forward and told them to shut the hell up. after the movie, they all stood up and glared at me..giving threatening looks. i stood up and was about 5 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier than the biggest of them. they left quickly. my friend and i laughed our butts off
Lean forward and say...'I have paid good money to watch this movie. Please shut up'. '



I silenced an entire theater once by these means.
A stinker in their face. But that is chemical warfare.
Just tell them to SHUT UP! Or make things really discreet and tell the manager, or whoever's working in the area.
Here's what I would say..........



"Excuse me, there are others that would like to enjoy the movie as well as you seem to be, so would you please be kind and SHUT UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel