Saturday, December 5, 2009

How do you set up a projector home theater system?where do you hook up stero,dvd, and cable?

do you have to have a screen or can you use a white sheet, for large white paper?



How do you set up a projector home theater system?where do you hook up stero,dvd, and cable?regal theater



Fully agree with 'anynewideas' answer.. I just did exactly the same even had the same projector (Pansonic AE900u) and the 106 elite screen and the 7.1 speakers and the wiring.



Couple of things..I would advise investing in a Tuner/reciever. All th wires from your TV, DVD,VCR, I-POD etc come into this box and the wires that go out are to the speakers and the projectoor. This avoids havin long cables to connect your Projector to your units. You have to connect only one cable from the reciever to the projector and you are all set. (Can be HDMI and/or component)



Another thing.. when using wires to connect your speakers, I suggest a lower gauge wire (preferably 12 gauge) to enhance your listening pleasure. Available at Lowes for about 50c a liner foot..



How do you set up a projector home theater system?where do you hook up stero,dvd, and cable?performing art center opera theater



sure u can use one. sound goes into white and red. and video goes into a yellow circle thing.
One of the best resources for any front projection enthusiast is www.projectorcentral.com, they have tons of articles and things to read about projectors in general. They even have a glossary on their site that is VERY helpful. As to your question(s), I currently hook up my Panasonic PT-AE900U above my couch on the ceiling via a ceiling mount, I then have all of the cables running in the ceiling and the wall to my media case where my DVD player, my X-Box, my stereo receiver, my cable box, and my old school Nintendo (come on, how could I not -- it's been so neglected for so long!) sitting next to me by the couch, the projector shines the image about 12.5 feet away onto my 106" diagonal Elite fixed frame, high contrast screen. I have a 7.1 audio setup, and all of my speakers are flush-mounted into the walls in their respective positions. Now, when it comes to your setup, it can be as clean or as sloppy as you like. I personally hate seeing cables, so all of mine are either under the carpet, in the walls or in the ceiling. My first home theater system had a screen that I made out of some kind of spongy white material that I bought at a local fabric store. It really wasn't bad, but, a professional screen really changes things, even non-enthusiasts can tell the difference. Just keep in mind that everything should be checked before you start putting holes everywhere because nothing sucks worse than finding out your HDMI cable doesn't work after you already put it in your wall!! At any rate, set it up, figure out what you like, then upgrade. Part of the fun of having your own front-projection home theater is the hobby involved in it -- then showing it off to all your friends and neighbors for Super Bowl always brings a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel