Saturday, December 5, 2009

If there's no one in the movie theater do they still show the movie?

It cost theatres 100$ to show 1 movie



If there's no one in the movie theater do they still show the movie?globe theater



They show it.



If there's no one in the movie theater do they still show the movie?oper opera theater



Yes cause they stay on scedule
Are you a philosopher?
dont no, but one time b4 me and my brother were the only ones in a movie
Yes. Empty movie theatres depress me. But theatres hardly make any money from showing movies because it costs so much just to purchase the rights to show it. I think it is something like 90% of their profit comes from concessions. Thats why they give out screening passes for movies.



Heck, it even costs money to show a movie in my film class. You have to pay the distributor even if the movie has been out for 50+ years.
I once knew a guy who managed a movie theater, and he said yes, they show the movie even if the theater is completely empty. He also said that the movie isn't what makes money - it's the concessions. He said that even when all the seats are filled they wouldn't break even on the cost of the film, but they made up for that shortfall on the overpriced popcorn, sodas, etc.
Yes, I believe they do. I've been to a multi-movie-complex and walked in late for a movie, and my friend and I were the only ones there. They have a published schedule to maintain.
Yes, most movie theaters now are totally automated and the movies play automatically even if no one is in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel