Saturday, December 5, 2009

Do you prefer to see movies in the theater or wait until they come out on DVD?

I like to get the dvd. I have a nice theater set up and we have fun. The money we use to go out for the night we can use to have a nice dinner at home. My collection grows this way and it helps save money



20.00 dvd



40.00 food



vs



125.00



dinner and a movie



Do you prefer to see movies in the theater or wait until they come out on DVD?opera score



I like to see them in the theater first. I have lots of movies I've bought without first seeing them in the theater, and most of them aren't even open yet. Some I've had for years!



: )



Do you prefer to see movies in the theater or wait until they come out on DVD?musicals opera theater



I prefer to watch them at home.
I prefer the Theater, it`s hard to wait until it comes out on DVD, but since I have no babysitter....I don`t really have a choice
theater
Two regular adult movie tickets: ~$21 (+$4 in service charges if you use Fandango.)



Buying said movie from Costco: $20.



Netflix: $15/mo (we average about 3 netflix discs a month)



Library: FREE. (although the selection isn't as good as Netflix)



I might go to the movies about once or twice a year, if that. It's just too expensive, too much of a hassle, and too loud most of the time. Why bother when I can get DVDs mailed to my house, where I have the best seat, my own food in my own kitchen, and the ability to stop/pause/rewind the movie at will?



Besides, some movies show up on DVD just months (or in some cases - weeks) after leaving the theater. I'm in no hurry.



I've heard about this one theater and restaurant down in Texas, which sounds pretty neat. If one of those opened near me, I'd at least try it once or twice. Heck, I already watch most of my movies while eating dinner now.
I like to go to the drive-in. You can take your own snacks; you can smoke in your vehicle, if you prefer; you can adjust your own volume to the movie if people around you are being loud and it's wayyy CHEAPER! I do like watching movies at home to, with surround sound ;)
Even though I want to see the movie in the theaters, I wait till it comes out on DVD unless its a movie in IMAX!
DVD I can make my own comments during the movie. I don't need hundreds of other people doing it.
I can't afford to go to the Theater all the time, so it's a treat to see the BIG SCREEN And the way the Movie is supposed to be seen. DVDs are great to have after the fact a collection of your favorites to be seen whenever you like.
I like seeing it on IMAX theaters.
DVD
depends on the movie and whether I can afford it - good movies or not, I won't be able to go to cinemas til February, and then there's one I REALLY want to see that's been announced.



Since I now live a street away from the local cinema, it's hard not to give into temptation when I want to see something; it was easier where I used to live because the local cinema there only had the movies shortly before they came out so I would usually just wait for the DVD, plus it wasn't easy to get a bus into town at the right times



Jo
you can do both and buy a bootleg
For action movies I LOVE the big screen.



For serious dramas, foreign and tear jerkers I prefer DVD so that I can pause it.
It depends on how bad I want to see the movie.
we just wait till they go on sale at wal-mart, we would rather just own the movie and its cheaper.
get the dvd.
DVD. Movie ticket prices are ridiculous.
I think it really just depends on what type of movie.



For comedies, definitely the theaters, because you're with your friends and your more relaxed and willing to laugh. Plus, in theaters, you're more likely to laugh, because laughing is contagious and once you hear other people laughing, you're more likely to start laughing too. It's kinda like when someone around you yawns and then all of a sudden you have the urge to yawn. Laughing and yawning are subconsciously contagious. The fact that laughing is contagious explains why many sitcoms, especially in the past, use laugh tracks in the background.



As for action movies, I definitely prefer the DVDs, to save my ears.
if its with my hunny then theater. other wise they are just to over priced and you can rent it for way cheaper and pause it when you have to go to the bathroom.
dvd its cheaper
I'll see a movie on a date but on my own prefer to get the DVD free from my library.
dvd you can pause it and dont have to deal with rude people
Cinema and if I really like it then DVD to watch it again.
Depends on if I'm with



some one, or alone.



If it's one where a bunch



of screaming is gonna



be going on, I'd just as



soon stay at home. But



for the special effects,



it's gotta be big screen.
DVD. The whole DVD. And nothing but the DVD. Extra features are cool.
i like going to the cinema coz its the experience thats counts, its just so chilling to go watch a movie in the cinema , have tons of pop corn and forget about life for 2 hours.
I prefer the theatre



becuase even if it is a bad movie



I paid around $10 so I'm not leaving early
The theater when its packed espcially a comedy movie because I love to hear others laugh while I am laughing and the treats.



I hate buying DVD movie because I fall asleep when I watch them.



My father waits until they come out on TV.



Yeah
theater. If you by a dvd you are most like to watch it a couple times but then it will collect dust in you closet. If you want to see it badly the go to the theaters. if you can wait then the library is the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel