Saturday, December 5, 2009

How many of you actually go to a theater anymore??

I haven't been since last October, and that was to see the Grudge 2. I love seeing movies on the big screen, but with dvd's costing so little now it is hardly worth it. The big screen is great, but you also have the hassle of line ups and trying not to bother other people when you need to go to the concession or the bathroom. And you always miss something when you do. Plus the prices are too extravagant now!!



How many of you actually go to a theater anymore??imax theater



I used to work at a movie theatre about five years ago. When I was hired the general manager said something to the effect of "Even though we have the internet now, and DVDs and people can get the theatre experience at home, we still line up for movies at the cinema."



He seemed to think that people come for the social aspect. it is something to do with friends and dates. Not TOO intimate for first dates etc.



That being said I think that a lot of people are fed up with movie prices and with the availability of things like netflix and vongo and other movie on demand type services, I think the cinema is going to start to become less of a real destination for people and more of a "sometimes" thing. I think we'll start seeing less blockbusters in the next ten years and a rise of independant straight to internet/dvd releases.



How many of you actually go to a theater anymore??classical music opera theater



I agree, I love to go, but it's sooo expensive that it's hardly worth it. I went this year to POTC3 and last year to see POTC2. Since they're done with those movies, looks like I won't be to the theater for a long time.



I actually went to a drive-in for POTC3...I think they should start bringing those back, they're cheaper and way more fun.
Naaaaaaa I rather download movies for free
I agree that the price of going to the movies vs just renting a dvd is ridiculous, but I still love actually going to the theater. I do it rarely anymore (my husband doesn't really like to go) but it's a real treat when I do go. There's nothing better than sitting in a theater seat with some popcorn and watching a great movie!
I go to film bootlegs....another good question- How many of you actually still buy DVDs at a store?
I love going to the theater. In a months time I saw



Shrek the Third, Pirates of the Carribean 3, Knocked Up and Oceans 13.
I netflix
I only go if it is something that i have been looking forward too...



going just for the fun cost too much now.
Once a year .
i love going. ive already seen POTC3 and Shrek 3 and im waiting to see Oceans 13 and Fantastic 4. its boring just sittin at home watching a movie on tv. thats just me. i mean if you cant sit still for a t least two hours then i guess stayin at home is better. but when im bein entertained i dont care how long it is just as long as its a good movie.
Movies come out so fast now, its almost not even worth it. But i do like the times i get to go to the movie thearter.
Not in about 5 years.
we go once in a while, and lately it has been to Imax...really big screen. One we went into, gave us a barf bag 'cause it was showing a ride in a helicopter going through mountains!! luckily, we didn't have to use it.
Movies in theaters are now primarily for teenagers and kids. That's why there are so many PG and PG-13 movies coming out now. I go to the movies almost every week. Our theater gives a discount from 4-6, 5 bucks to see a movie, so I go with my friends. There isn't anything else to do, and the theaters aren't as crowded as they used to be.
I went with my kids yesterday (husband didn't want to come - too busy with his car). we watched Fantastic Four. I think that there are just some movies you have to see on a screen bigger than your livingroom area and feel the sound in the chest.
I go when there is something I want to see!! The only movies this year that I've seen in the theater that were actually worth seeing were "Spiderman 3" and "Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End".



I think 5.50 is worth watching a movie with friends where you can have fun.



I can't stand it when little kids are running around the theater though. Or, when they are really loud.



But, going with just a few other people (as long as my boyfriend is there) makes the movie great!!



Just don't get a drink so you won't have to go to the bathrooom ;0)
I haven't been to a theater in a long time. I have a subscription to Netflix online and I am loving it!
im going this wednsday!!!!!!!!!!!!to see nancy drew
yeah, I just love to sit in a dark room with strangers and eat overpriced candy



(hey, who's cell phone is that)
yeah there is no rewind button at the movie theaters, plus the person behind you may be talking a lot.
well then.. dont go to the bathroom and get food? do it before duh!
I am with you Lori I would rather stay home and be comfortable and watch a movie with my family and save the money for other things.....
I went 2 weeks ago to see "Knocked UP" but i go probably once every 3 months. I love go to the movies its really fun to se the movie on the big screen with the sound. I love going cuz its also one of the few times i eat popcorn
I LOVE THE THEATRES! Although I agree with what your saying. But I show up early, don't buy anything (except my ticket) and I don't usually get up during a movie. So it's not a hastle for me, and doesnt take too much out of my wallet. But renting movies is awesome too.
Eh, I have seen a bunch of movies this year. Yeah the DVD's cost like nothing now, but I don't really care about the price. It's the thrill of seeing a movie in the theater. I just buy a ticket and go in. I don't eat or drink anything there, so I am all set. Seeing any movie in the theater is exciting to me, because when are you going to see it again when it is all dark, the sound is excellent and, it's projected so you only pay attention to that. Well, if you have a home movie system, maybe. But i just love watching the movies in the theater, it's the thrill.
I actually went to one last night, but they suck. It was $9.75. I don't understand why it must be that expensive. Maybe it is because movies are bootlegged and downloaded, but has the price of CD's gone up? Hmm...
I haven't been to the theater since



Dancing With the Wolves.
Nikki, what's your address? I don't understand why you want to put people out of work. Plus why would anybody want to buy something of such low quality as a bootleg recorded off the screen? Why not be a proper criminal and steal cars. DVD sales account for most of a films profit, which production companies use to make more films and hire more people to work on them. Please rent or buy the films to keep us working.



There's nothing like the big screen and amazing sound. I go to the movies every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel