Thursday, December 10, 2009

When did did the starlite drive-in theater in el monte, california close down?

Wow!!! Did they finally close that theatre down??? I used to live right down the street from that theatre, on the corner of Valley Blvd. and Baldwin Ave., oh say, 27 years ago!!! I remember when "Star Wars" played there, and it played for just about an entire year!!! The last I heard, the theatre was pretty much showing just Spanish language movies....



...Jeez!!! Next, you're gonna tell me that the Vineland Drive-In theatre, in the City of Industry, has closed down, too!!!



...although, supposedly the drive-in movies theatres are making a comeback, I think that it's safe to say that the time of the drive-in theatre, is unfortunately, an almost extinct and bygone era...



(edit)



...actually, I have a couple of the drive-in threatres in that area, confused with each other; the theatre, which I lived down the street from, was the 'El Monte' theatre. The 'Starlite' theatre, if I recall correctly, was on the opposite side of the '10' Freeway, on Rosemead Blvd.; that theatre ceased to function as a drive-in theatre sometime before I moved away from El Monte, to join the Navy, and it permenantly became a really seedy and run-down weekend swap meet. I haven't been there in so many years, that I have no idea what is there, now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel